Skip to main content

3 quick and healthy lunch options for on-the-go students

As my mom always says, abs are made in the kitchen. A large part of being and staying fit is in what you eat. However, being busy can make this very difficult. I discovered a few easy recipes I could prep beforehand or quickly before leaving for school or work.

  1. My Favorite Salad!
  • Any mixed greens you choose
  • Crumbled goat cheese
  • Walnuts
  • Grilled Chicken
  • Blueberries
  • Any oil-based dressing of your choice - I like to choose something on the sweet side
This salad is so delicious; all you have to do is throw the ingredients together and enjoy! It is nourishing and refreshing, combining all the important things; protein, leafy greens, carbs, and more!
  1. The Best Turkey Sandwich!
  • Sourdough Bread
  • Mayonnaise - preferably one made with avocado oil as it is less toxic and inflammatory
  • Sliced Cheese - I often choose pepper jack
  • Turkey or whatever meat you choose - Deli Meat is fine, I prefer the ones from the deli counter at the grocery instead of the more processed ones in the refrigerated section.
  • If you have access to good produce, I like to add lettuce and tomato
Again, this recipe is easy and nourishing, filling our need for various food groups!
  1. One delicious smoothie!
  • Frozen berries - the more the merrier!
  • Spinach - I promise you won't taste it!
  • Whole Milk
  • Greek yogurt
  • A chocolate or vanilla protein powder of your choice. 
This recipe is super quick, as long as you have a blender of course ;) I love this for the times I don't feel like eating too large of a meal. It is still nourishing and delicious but much lighter than the other recipes I shared, 


I hope that these recipes inspire you to eat in a way that serves your body and your goals. Which one are you most inclined to try? Do you have any you would like to share with me and the friends we have here?

Comments

  1. I LOVEEEEE SOURDOUGH! I tried to make a starter once but it failed within a couple of days. I have tried smoothies. I add my favorite chocolate protein powder with fruit and spinach and it is DELICIOUSSS. Unfortunately I have to sub any type of dairy because I am severely lactose intolerant and do NOT feel good when I eat dairy. Fairlife is the best dairy brand out there. Lactose cheese is disgusting! Brie is my favorite as well as caprese salads which mozzarella also does not affect me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salad recipe is a fav of mine. I love the mix of salty cheese and sweet fruit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

moving mountains

    Welcome back, friends! In May 2023, I rode the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic, a bike ride that is roughly 50 miles long in Colorado from Durango to Silverton. It was one of the hardest and most rewarding things I have ever done. I defeated two mountain passes higher than 10,000 feet on this point-to-point ride, with more than 6,000 feet of vertical climb and two descents. I cried at the top of the last mountain pass and when I finished as well. Although, this means that during my sophomore year of college, I was working many hours a week and training for my race on top of my studies.This was half the battle of the whole thing.     How did I find time to do it all? Well, I started with a planner. My time was budgeted in there perfectly. I made sure to get a planner that was weekly/daily so that I could have the time blocking feature for each day. I recommend you do the same. (Day Designer has great options) Each Sunday I filled in when I would be at work, school, working out, church, a

Tips to getting out of the "slump"

 Have you ever experienced the "slump?" I don't know if I've mentioned this yet but I've been trying to get back into running. My boyfriend and I are both training and planning to run a marathon (or half) next April. However, I've just been getting back to it this week after about two weeks off even though I really didn't feel like it. It is hard to get back on the horse, no matter what it is for, running or not. There is no denying it. Here are 3 tips I used to feel motivated again.  Find some people who inspire you and get into their content. Watch videos, listen to podcasts, check out their social media posts, and more. They often have the best tips for reaching your goals if they align with their brand and the journeys that they share can help inspire you to continue.  Another thing you can do is materialize your vision of your goal. I recommend vision boards and journaling your progress. This helps keep yourself accountable and in line with your own g

Creating a Balanced Morning Routine for a Productive Day

I love the mornings and firmly believe that they have a big impact on your day. Creating a consistent and positive routine can be difficult, especially when you're busy. If you're interested in doing this, here are a few things you can do to implement one at the beginning of your day.  First, you have to get up. You do not have to wake up at the crack of dawn (even though sunrises are so lovely😉) but give yourself time to have a morning routine. I wouldn't recommend sleeping till 12 either. I generally wake up between 6 & 8, depending on how I'm feeling and what I am doing that day. By rule of thumb, I like to be up at least two hours before I have to leave the house, as long as I am not sacrificing too much sleep. That also means you have to go to bed early enough to accommodate your morning schedule.  Figure out what your non-negotiables are. If I wake up late there are a few things I do not leave out of my routine. Everything else is something I am okay with sta